Alawa Primary is very innovative, successful school. We strive to develop a safe, friendly and challenging learning environment that will expand each student’s experiences and skills, preparing them for their future.
Alawa’s Vision is
- Building positive relationships across the school community
- Modeling and developing social skills,
co-operatively and collaboratively
- Establishing developmental learning groups that have high expectations
- Using a range of teaching and learning approaches to ensure all students’ needs are catered for
- Utilising ICT as a learning tool across all learning outcomes
- The farm provides a practical opportunity for students to learn and implement their skills and promote science
Alawa’s values are
- Personal Best
Alawa Primary School is located in the northern suburbs of Darwin. The school caters for children from Preschool (who may be 3½ but must turn 4 by the 30th June) to year 6. Alawa was established in 1970. In 2006 Stage 1, a $2.1 million project opened. The classrooms were designed to enhance our vision. This year we are designing a $2 million special purpose Strong Beginnings wing to further enhance our vision.
Alawa Primary School has built upon its reputation and successfully developed programs, to meet the current needs of our diverse students and develop skills for their future. This website is a window into our innovative programs, policies and practices, as well as a celebration of our achievements.